HANCI - Services
For older adults, HANCI offers programs and services to promote active, healthy and happy living across Niagara County including: Lewiston, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda, Lockport, Youngstown, Ransomville, Wheatfield, Sanborn, Town of Niagara and Pendleton.
- The Council for Older Adults in Niagara County is the leading voice for Niagara County's seniors. The COA is distributes materials and links seniors with other agencies to provide personalized service. The COA also organizes social activities, craft shows, conferences and other enjoyable events.
- The Foster Grandparent Program gives seniors a chance to work with children in need. Foster Grandparents can be a mentor, tutor, caregiver and role model to a child. Foster Grandparent Program volunteers make new friends and achieve the satisfaction of helping to shape the future.
- The Senior Companion Program unites healthy seniors with homebound seniors who need the warmth and bond of a new friend. As a Senior Companion you can improve someone's quality of life ... simply by being a friend.
- The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) helps people 55 and older find volunteer opportunities to match their skills and interests. RSVP volunteers are stationed throughout schools, museums, healthcare facilities, community agencies and government offices.
- The Golden Age Program meets cultural, recreational and educational needs of seniors in the Niagara Falls area. Services include trips, speakers, entertainment, games, information and referral programs.
- The Senior Prom is an annual event that unites generations. High school student escort senior citizens to a fun night of dinner and dancing. This event causes the generational gap to disappear, each group of people understanding and appreciating the other more fully.
For children, HANCI's three Child Learning Centers go beyond traditional daycare.
- At HANCI's Child Learning Centers, children from 6 weeks to pre-kindergarten are attended by HANCI's professional, trained staff who stimulate children's mind in a healthy, social environment. Children learn self-esteem, independence, decision-making and problem solving skills through structured, personalized attention.
- The Afternoon Reading All-Stars Program is open to second and third grade students at Abate School who are struggling with reading and comprehension, this programs offers the opportunity to receive focused reading strategy instruction as well as activities designed to enrich and build background knowledge in the music, science and social studies content area.
HANCI Home Care is indispensable to the community. A licensed and accredited home health program, HANCI Home Care assists many families. With services professionally tailored to each clients' needs, HANCI's well-qualified nursing staff work closely with trained aides to provide short-term recovery services to end-of-life care.